About Ashoka in the United States
We build networks of pattern-changing social innovators and select high-impact entrepreneurs, who creatively solve some of the worlds biggest social challenges, to become Ashoka Fellows. Ashoka believes that there is nothing more powerful than a new idea in the hands of a social entrepreneur. Social entrepreneurs are relentless team-builders and problem-solvers who set new norms in their fields of work. They are practical visionaries – practical in that they are highly attentive to the nuts and bolts of making things work, and visionary in that they often reframe the problem, build roles for others to participate, and cast a long term view for change at least at the national level.
If you know of anyone that fits the description, do let us know by nominating that person via our website.
Ashoka envisions an Everyone A ChangemakerTM world. A world that responds quickly and effectively to social challenges, and where each individual has the freedom, confi dence and societal support to address any social problem and drive change.
Ashoka finds and fosters the most powerful emergent ideas being led by the most effective social entrepreneurs and provides a pathway for all citizens to be changemakers.
Ashoka’s Programs in the US:
Ashoka’s Venture & Fellowship program identifies and elects leading social entrepreneurs to the global Ashoka Fellowship and provides support, community, collaboration opportunities, and recognition.
Ashoka also builds empowered changemaker communities in the US by spreading the skills of entrepreneurship, empathy, and collaboration across sectors and institutions through the following programs:
- Ashoka’s Changemakers.com is a global community of action where we all source and collaborate on social solutions.
- Ashoka U is developing new models for universities to serve as enabling environments in which every individual has access to the resources, learning opportunities, role models, and peer communities needed to actualize their full potential as changemakers.
- Ashoka’s Youth Venture inspires, mentors, and invests in teams of young people launching and leading their own social ventures.
- Start Empathy is a community of individuals and institutions dedicated to building a world where every child masters empathy.
- The Ashoka Support Network (ASN) is a global community of successful business leaders who engage with Ashoka, committing time and resources to support the work of Ashoka Fellows.
For more information on Ashoka please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.